Wednesday 1 June 2022

Stage 26b: Pietrasanta to Camaiore. The end of my Via. (Part 2).

Then alongside a pleasant waterway, on quite a long section entering Camaiore, another very pleasant town, stuffed with history, where I easily found a stamp in the Commune, (top left of the square) which may be a lesson learnt too late.
Only 11km, but my foot was very painful by the end, and I felt low, finally coming to the acceptance that it won't be possible for me to complete the last leg to Lucca, as my foot won't take any weight and that stage is logistically challenging, apart from being 24km, with two steep climbs. So it's the end of the road and the Via for now, with at least 440km under my belt since Ivrea, possibly more if you count those notched up on transfer days and evening strolls. Lucca will have to wait until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I have finally caught up with you after being inundated with family members. What a wonderful catalogue of photos, we can really feel we are there, walking through woods, fields, looking at the views. Using google maps to help guide me up and over the Appenines was a fascinating evening's read. Finally on my maps the Via Francigena has been marked. Have a good journey home, and thanks for your travelogue. I hope your foot has now recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wrinklitourist4 June 2022 at 07:28

      Thanks, Anon, how lovely that you feel you have been on that journey with me, "my readers" have been silent, but welcome, companions all the time, and it is fun thinking of what to show you and describe. Thanks to you and everyone else for the company and for the kind words.

      Delete

We'd love to have your comments and messages to help cheer us on your way. For those of you who know us, please help us maintain our search engine anonymity by not revealing our surname or any other personal data in any comments you make. We are dinosaurs who don't do social media!

Pilgrim Passport stamps on the Italian Via Francigena

The pilgrim passport stamp is useful in authenticating your journey, demonstrating your validity as a pilgrim and for giving credence...