Tuesday 4 October 2022

Back on the Via again, will I make it to Lucca?.


I'm off to Camaiore (rather naughtily travelling in and out of Italy by 'plane this time), and am aiming to do the 162km between there and Siena in a brief stint of 9 days.  This time I'm getting my bag transported and staying in a different place each time.  The foot is completely better (much medical scratching of heads and no clear diagnosis) and I have been walking the Brecon Beacons in training during the fabulous summer.  I'm hoping for some warmish weather in Tuscany, although it is a rainier time of year.

By way of explanation, if you are new to the blog, the Bro is an exaggeration of a real brother, who would prefer to gaze at machinery rather than bucolic splendour.  The generic term for any such machinery is "winding gear" or WG, and there is a small, but vocal group of WG enthusiasts who follow this blog, and, to keep them calm, I'm periodically obliged to include pictures of rusting metal in these pages.  Apologies in advance (and retrospect) for this, but there should also be some pretty scenery too.

I've already walked 555km of the Via Francigena, and you can bring yourself up to speed on previous adventures in the posts from summer 2020 and May/June 2022.

Finally, I'm doing this walk for three causes:  Alzheimer's Society, Dementia UK and City Hospice in Cardiff.  If you enjoy this blog, please remember to donate to one of these excellent charities. 

Here's the link: https://www.justgiving.com/team/viafrancigena





4 comments:

  1. Best of luck Beth, have a great time and keep the rusty photos coming. Dave and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go well. I'll be thinking of you next week as I hoof it up and down the levadas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for those messages of support, I'll do my best to supply some rust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all goes well and that the weather gods are kind to you

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments and messages to help cheer us on your way. For those of you who know us, please help us maintain our search engine anonymity by not revealing our surname or any other personal data in any comments you make. We are dinosaurs who don't do social media!

Pilgrim Passport stamps on the Italian Via Francigena

The pilgrim passport stamp is useful in authenticating your journey, demonstrating your validity as a pilgrim and for giving credence...