Monday 17 October 2022

Stage 30. San Miniato to Gambassi Terme. Tuscany lives up to its stereotype.


Sunday, and no buses to take me up to the top of the town, so accompanied by residual owl hoots I clambered back up at the first stirring of the day and enjoyed an oven-fresh croissant above a soft dawn landscape.

A long stage, made longer by my choice of B&B, was eased by the excellent company of a Swiss evangelical pastoress, and a lively Austrian and New Zealand couple, who have walked this stretch multiple times for its sheer beauty.
As the Via describes a wide arc between the towns, the landscape is truly spectacular, conforming in all aspects to every image I have of Tuscany.

and finally exploding in an autumnal kaleidoscope as we reached the Pillo vineyards.
A steady climb up to the lovely end point in Gambassi, where my host collected me.  Dinner with my earlier companions and two Brits doing a dry run of a guided walk before my host once more transported me to her home.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sky in that last shot. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments and messages to help cheer us on your way. For those of you who know us, please help us maintain our search engine anonymity by not revealing our surname or any other personal data in any comments you make. We are dinosaurs who don't do social media!

Pilgrim Passport stamps on the Italian Via Francigena

The pilgrim passport stamp is useful in authenticating your journey, demonstrating your validity as a pilgrim and for giving credence...