Saturday 14 May 2022

Stage 14: Pavia to Santa Cristina e Bissone. Or not.

The day started well in a blaze of poppies, 

after a long schlepp on suburban roads to the east of Pavia. Most of the walk was on tarmac today, which the app describes as little-used. I would add that when they are used the drivers take no prisoners, and they are narrow. There was a field of chamomile, and I wish I could share the intense honeyed scent wafting off it.
Despite the fact that my plan dictated that I walk to Santa Cristina today, for some reason I stopped 12km early, in the attractive town of Belgioso. This has a large, somewhat dilapidated castle,
With what looks like ancient drawbridge WG,
an elegant church (not open),and the usual tatty station.

I've left myself a long walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to have your comments and messages to help cheer us on your way. For those of you who know us, please help us maintain our search engine anonymity by not revealing our surname or any other personal data in any comments you make. We are dinosaurs who don't do social media!

Pilgrim Passport stamps on the Italian Via Francigena

The pilgrim passport stamp is useful in authenticating your journey, demonstrating your validity as a pilgrim and for giving credence...