Friday 14 April 2023

Stage 34a: Siena to Monteroni. Jazz in the streets.

A rail strike today nearly scuppered my plans, but luckily the buses were running, so despite the bus company's app sending me hither and thither, I finally caught a bus to the start of the Via at the southern end of town. Tuscany was looking holiday brochure (remember those?) perfect, on a glorious spring morning as I ambled gently along a minor road through the outskirts, with vineyards, olive groves and fields on either side.
I caught up with a British man who was on a jolly while his wife worked, and we spent a pleasant morning comparing notes on working in the civil service (which he still does) and the UK HE system (where I used to).

I peeled off at Monteroni, a short 13km after Siena, where the bus back to Siena was practically waiting for me, and had a decent pasta and salad lunch. These first few days will be short, as I split some longer stages into bite-size pieces. It starts to get more serious next week.

So out on the busy evening streets for an aperitif in the Campo. 
Here's a soundscape for you, tell me if it doesn't play.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery
    Video doesn't play it says it's private 😞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the video public. Try again.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments and messages to help cheer us on your way. For those of you who know us, please help us maintain our search engine anonymity by not revealing our surname or any other personal data in any comments you make. We are dinosaurs who don't do social media!

Pilgrim Passport stamps on the Italian Via Francigena

The pilgrim passport stamp is useful in authenticating your journey, demonstrating your validity as a pilgrim and for giving credence...